Are you looking for an opportunity to do something different, learn marketing skills hands on and apply them to an impactful global project?
You are in the right place!
The Movement Athlete’s mission is to teach and create tools to empower individuals to get moving. Our work is to make learning body weight and movement disciplines like calisthenics, gymnastic, acrobatics and skills like handstands, cartwheels, backflips, human flags easy, fun and safe for everyone.
To do so we provide education (through our media platform and offline workshops) and build innovative app which gamyfies the process of learning variety of bodywieght movements and turns it into a life long journey (instead of another 8 week program) to help our athletes on a daily basis.
We currently work with a number of coaches, physiotherapists and trainers from all sort of disciplines including circus, calisthenics, gymnastics, acroyoga, tricking, parkour.
We have been working on this project for just under a year, built an MVP, pre sold it, validated the market, made over 100k in revenue doing so and we are ready to take it globally in next 12 months. And that’s where you come in.
Are you up for a challenge?
We are looking for a high-energy, growth-hungry marketing intern to join us on Koh Panghan – a tropical island in the South of Thailand – for 3-4 weeks at the beginning of January (Ideally starting January 7th 2017 but we are open and flexible for dates and arrangements. If you read through it and you are feeling like: HELL YEAH! This is awesome! – please apply and just tell us when and to what extent you are available. We are after finding the right person to join in and if not now you will be able to join us somewhere else in the world. )
This is initially a one-month Internship, which we hope to turn into a long term fully paid remote opportunity for the right person.
(below – Koh Panghan – your new home? )
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU? (BENEFITS & COMPENSATION)
This is a great opportunity for someone to learn marketing hands on with a top notch team. And you will get an insight in what it takes to build a successful company.
- Work closely with seasoned founders and a project that is aimed to go global in next 12 months
- One on one daily coaching and in-person mentoring to maximise your learning potential
- Educational resources and courses you need to succeed
- See from the inside all the processes it takes to bring a product to life with awesome marketing
- Jump into a high responsibility role, prove your skills and play an instrumental role in the execution of marketing strategies
- Be a part of the global, remote team with an amazing culture designed to challenge you, make you grow and have fun
- Join an early stage startup with benefits and potential stock options
- Live the dream on a tropical island in Thailand
- Develop life-long connections & friendships
- Gain confidence and skills you need to help any company with marketing (including your own)
- Possibility for a long term role at an international startup and growing into a CMO position
- Accommodation and a small salary included depending on experience to cover the living cost.
- You will have your own room in a house with other entrepreneurs and we are planning to work hard and have tonnes of fun in the process.
Our intention for this few weeks is that you learn as much as you can, grow and come out of it with new skills, mindset and real life results to show for. All while living on a tropical island, having fun with an international team and making an incredible impact in the world 🙂
WHAT WILL YOU BE WORKING ON?
Our main goal for January is the launch of our media platform under The Movement Athlete brand.
You will be creating and executing on a variety of online marketing initiatives (with oversight) including:
- Influencer marketing and partnerships (Instagram, Youtube, bloggers – and more! )
- Social media management (Instagram/FB/Twitter/)
- Content creation, management & distribution – including management of contributors and writers & team of designers
- Copywriting and Editing & quality control
- Organising a Virtual Summit
Apart from getting your hands dirty marketing wise and having the ability to create amazing results this is also an opportunity to challenge your thinking and
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Most important for us. We can teach you any skills – but if you are not in the right mindset we might have trouble working together. We expect you to be
- POSITIVE – creative and resourceful and you are able to solve problems and come up with ideas on the fly.
- Extremely INDEPENDENT and you take responsibility for creating results. (Once the strategy is determined you will not be micro-managed or have to log your time – it’s all about execution, learning and creating results in the most optimal way)
- You are DRIVEN BY LEARNING NEW THINGS and you like the idea of making an impact with your work and deliver incredible results
- You are always GIVING 110% – and you are committed to creating a high quality, world-class products, content etc
TRAITS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATES
For this role ideally, you are:
- good at managing processes and detail orientated
- focused on EXECUTION – (this will be the name of the game for 4 weeks)
- a natural writer
- comfortable making social connections and building relationships
- Fluent in English (required; ideally a native speaker )
You will be doing a lot of editing, copywriting and be a guardian of a quality of everything we put out there.
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
- We are looking to bring someone FULL TIME for 3-4 weeks (if you are available almost full time that’s fine too, I know a lot of you will be having clients and your own projects) which will be extended to an ongoing working arrangement for the right person
- Ideally after that period if it’s a good fit we would negotiate the salary and officially welcome you to the team. We are hoping to work with someone who will be able to grow into a role of our CMO in the future.
- If you decide to stay -your compensation will grow together with the company. There will also be stock options for the right person.
- We are happy for you to work on your own thing during your free time and we will help you to make it happen.
- During the interview, if selected, we will share with you more info about the company and the exact plans for January.
We are flexible with dates, time, location – if you read through it and you are like: HELL YEAH! – please apply and just tell us when and to what extent you are available.
HOW TO APPLY?
If you are after a massive learning curve, high responsibility, place where you can try out your creativity, put together a strategy, execute on it and grow and have fun in the process while living a life on a tropical island – This is a place for you.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED – but as we grow we will be looking for more incredible people to join us.
If its HELL YEAH – please leave your email so we can contact you with upcoming opportunities
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We are a young growing company in a digital fitness space. – building tools to empower a new wave of athletes – using their own bodyweight to release their full physical potential.
We believe that there is a major shift happening in the fitness industry. Please read our manifesto here
The Movement Athlete’s mission is to create tools and education to empower individuals to get moving by making learning body weight and movement disciplines like calisthenics, gymnastic, acrobatics and skills like handstands, cartwheels, human flags previously, expensive and inaccessible, easy, fun and safe for everyone.
To do so we build innovative technology that acts like and replaces a team of coaches and physiotherapists for the first time enabling holistic athlete assessments, creating a fully personalised training, adjusting it based on user feedback and providing a game-like process of unlocking new moves as one get better.
This new application of sets and rules opens up a completely new market & opportunity for anyone regardless age and fitness level to get on a lifetime journey of learning new skills & getting fit by just using their own body anywhere, anytime.
TMA also provides workshops, events and facilitate a worldwide community of The Movement Athletes.
Ideally – you would have some interest in movement as that’s the main thing you will be working on promoting 🙂
About The Team:
We are a team of people who love to travel, adventure, movement as well as the thrill of building projects that can have a global impact. We love what we do and we strive to inspire others and help them to do the same. The Movement Athlete is a project which we want to take globally in next 12 months and we need someone who will help us get there.
Note that we are a fully remote team, meeting regularly on our company retreats in different locations so you will never be tied to one place if you choose to work with us.
We hope you join us on this awesome adventure and if you do you will be a joining a young company and have an opportunity to shape this organisation.
We believe in working hard while having fun, growing, and making a positive impact.Our work culture is based on respect, personal growth and freedom. High energy with massive learning curves and we strive to make sure that everyone involved is having lots of fun while achieving huge results. You will be working in a team with other people (mostly me ) but have a full responsibility of your own job.
Everything we do is driven by these 5 MAIN rules.
1.We give 150% to create a world class “everything”
We don’t do things half way, we give it all. We strive to create the best products, the best customer support, the most amazing experience for our customers. Simply build amazing thigs we can be proud of and our customers will love.
- We have fun
If we are not having fun we stop doing it. It’s that simple. We doing what we are doing because we love working together on things which are bigger than us and we strive to have a good work/play balance. We believe that this fuels creativity and energy and enables us to create better products.
- We are driven by growth
Everyday, we are learning new things and applying them. We use a reflection as a powerful tool to grow faster. Tighter feedback loops enable us to build awareness and adjust our strategies both personal and business ones.
- We are driven by Impact
We believe that entrepreneurship is the most effective to solve problems and create an impact in the world. Everything we do should have a positive impact on anyone involved – our team, our customers, our environment and us.
- We value freedom & adventure
We are a fully remote team that values time out, self-awareness and living your own adventures.
If you join our team – our goal is to truly help you accelerate your learning and discover & release your full potential.
IS IT HELL YEAH BUT NOT THE RIGHT TIMING FOR YOU?
LEAVE YOUR EMAIL – and we will let you know if we have any other opportunities coming up.